Terms & Conditions (Manufacturers / Traders / Wholesalers)
- The SAO Hallmarking Scheme (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) shall be administered by SAO.
- Participation in all SAO schemes shall be on a biennial basis. Each term of participation shall normally be 24 calendar months from the date of commencement of the Scheme each year, unless otherwise expressly stipulated by SAO.
- The Scheme shall be open to all manufacturers, wholesalers or traders who can comply with all the terms and conditions governing the Scheme. Each member can participate in one scheme only. If the member has more than one option, the member must opt for the most suitable scheme to participate. Once the member has selected the scheme of choice, switching of schemes is not allowed.
- SAO have a right to revoke membership of participants to the scheme should the participant fail to submit articles for assaying and/or hallmarking for a consecutive period of 6 months or if the participant is not in compliance with the terms and conditions herein.
- SAO reserves the right to accept or reject any application for the participation in the schemes without giving any reason whatsoever.
Collection of Completed Batch of Articles
- The participant shall send a representative to collect the completed batch of articles within 3 months upon notification of completion of the job by SAO. SAO shall impose an administrative fee if articles are not collected after three months and SAO reserves the right to dispose of all uncollected articles.
- SAO may give rebates based on individual participant’s hallmarking fees collected during the Scheme year. The rebates are only given out to participants who send in articles for hallmarking. The rebates which may be granted by SAO for the Scheme shall be worked out as follows: 3% discount on $3000 and above of sales per month, or 5% discount on $5000 and above of sales per month.
- Rebates will be paid out in the form of a cheque once the amount has been confirmed and approved. SAO will decide when to pay out the rebates accumulated by the member each year. Should there any issue with the timing of the pay out, the participant must inform SAO immediately.
Termination from Scheme
- Any participant who wishes to terminate its membership under the Scheme shall inform SAO in writing within 5 working days. In the event of a termination, the membership/renewal fees for that calendar year shall be forfeited and all outstanding charges must be settled by the participant within 30 days of the early termination.
- Any participants who may be aggrieved by any refusal of SAO to mark its articles or who may be aggrieved by an action of the Singapore Assay Office which would result in his articles not being marked with the Singapore Hallmark may, provided that the participant has complied with all the requirements, appeal to the Singapore Assay Office in writing.
- SAO may from time to time by written notice to the participants vary the terms and conditions governing the Scheme including but not limited to the administrative fees and any other fees payable. Such variations shall apply on the effective date specified by SAO. If the participant does not accept variations, the participant may terminate its membership.
- As this is not a quality certification scheme, members shall not be allowed to to use SAO’s Name and Logo in any advertisement.
Notwithstanding anything herein contained the liability of SAO or its parent company Singapore Test Services (“STS”) under this Scheme shall be limited to the unwrought value by weight of the metal comprised in the articles that were sent in for assaying and/or hallmarking. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the testing services provided, SAO makes no warranties or representations regarding its accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose and STS/SAO shall in no circumstances be liable to the participant or any other third parties for any direct, indirect, special consequential or other loss or damage resulting from the Scheme or any loss of or damage to the articles collected in relation to the Scheme.
Any claims by the outlets under this Scheme shall be notified in writing to SAO within 3 days of the date of the invoice issued by SAO. If SAO is not notified accordingly, the participant shall be obliged to pay the price as if the article had been satisfactorily tested and delivered in accordance with the Scheme.
The terms of this Scheme shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act shall not apply.